Our suite of online eLearning modules has been developed to increase awareness about various aspects of working within remote Indigenous communities for those who have worked primarily in urban-based settings.
The modules are available to all health professionals – those who have or are about to undertake placements with us and those who simply have an interest in Indigenous health.
All of our modules are guided by evidence-base practice and best practice clinical and learning principles.
Each module has been developed to meet criteria for Continuing Professional Development programs with various colleges and professional bodies. Our suite of eLearning modules is completely free.
As of the 17 October 2018, we are delighted to announce that we have moved our eLearning platform to a new and improved site. All of our eLearning modules have migrated to the new site with the addition of some new courses including Introduction to Remote Nursing Scope of Practice, Introduction to Remote Driving, Trachoma Grading and Trichiasis Grading. You will be able to access the old site until 31 December 2018 where you can complete any modules in progress and also download all certificates for your records.
To access the new site, you will need to register a new account by clicking the Clinical Training Login button below.
Please note your RAHC eLearning username and password are different to those for your Health Professional Login.
The modules currently available are:
- Introduction to Indigenous Health
- Communication and Education
- Chronic Conditions Management
- Mental Health
- Major Incident Management
- Managing Medical Emergencies
- Ear Health
- Oral Health
- Primary Eye Care Checks
- Eye Health and Diabetes
- Managing Scabies and Crusted Scabies
- Sexual Health in a Primary Health Care Setting
- Machado Joseph Disease (MJD)
- Interactive Ochre (closed course - RAHC Health Professionals only)
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect in the NT
- Mandatory Reporting of Domestic and Family Violence
- Northern Territory About Giving Vaccine up-skilling
- Introduction to Remote Driving
- Trachoma Grading
- Trichiasis Grading
- Introduction to Remote Scope of Practice
These modules are available to anyone interested in remote and Indigenous health. Health professionals considering a placement with RAHC or any involvement in remote and Indigenous health are especially encouraged to pursue them.