Our suite of online eLearning modules has been developed to increase awareness about various aspects of working within remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities for those who have worked primarily in urban-based settings.
The modules are available to all health professionals – those who have or are about to undertake placements with us and those who simply have an interest in First Nations people's health.
All of our modules are guided by evidence-base practice and best practice clinical and learning principles.
Each module has been developed to meet criteria for Continuing Professional Development programs with various colleges and professional bodies. Our suite of eLearning modules is completely free.
To access the site, you will need to register an account by clicking the Clinical Training Login button below.
Please note your RAHC eLearning username and password are different to those for your Health Professional Login.
The modules currently available are:
- Introduction to Indigenous Health
- Communication and Education
- Chronic Conditions Management
- Mental Health
- Major Incident Management
- Managing Medical Emergencies
- Ear Health
- Oral Health
- Primary Eye Care Checks
- Eye Health and Diabetes
- Managing Scabies and Crusted Scabies
- Sexual Health in a Primary Health Care Setting
- Interactive Ochre (closed course - RAHC Health Professionals only)
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect in the NT
- Mandatory Reporting of Domestic and Family Violence
- Machado Joseph Disease (MJD) Foundation
- Introduction to Remote Driving
- Trachoma Grading
- Introduction to Remote Scope of Practice
- COVID-19 in Australian and Remote Indigenous Communities
- Wound Care and Suturing in Remote Indigenous Communities
- Staying Safe Around Dogs in Remote Communities
- RAWR Clinical Orientation
- Resilience and Self-Care Out Bush
- Introduction to Acute Rheumatic Fever (ARF) & Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD)
- Rheumatic Heart Disease Australia – Michael’s Story
- Rheumatic Heart Disease Australia – Women & Girls
- Introduction to Remote Nursing Scope of Practice
- Administering Bicillin
- Acute Rheumatic Fever (ARF) & Rheumatic Heart Disease (RHD) for Community-Based Workers
- About Giving Vaccines Upskill – first-time participants
- About Giving Vaccine Upskill – returning participants
These modules are available to anyone interested in remote and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders health. Health professionals considering a placement with RAHC or any involvement in remote and First Nations people's health are especially encouraged to pursue them.