Remote Educators - Expression of Interest
Remote Area Health Corps (RAHC) is seeking expressions of interest for Remote Educators (RE) to work alongside our new-to-remote Registered Nurses (RN) and General Practitioners (GPs) across Australia.
The primary responsibility of a RE is to provide orientation, education, and support to RAHC's new-to-remote RNs or GPs on their first remote or very remote placement.
Each RE placement is typically 5-14 days and a daily travel allowance is offered for the duration of your contract.
The program offers competitive pay rates and 24/7 support from the RAHC clinical team.
RAHC will cover the cost of travel from the airport nearest to your home (within Australia or New Zealand) to the community or service and back home at the end of the placement.
Accommodation will also be paid for by RAHC.
- unrestricted registration with AHPRA
- Working with Children Card or equivalent within your desired State or Territory
- experience working in remote or very remote clinics in your desired State or Territory
- extensive experience working in remote and very remote Indigenous communities
- proven cultural safe practice
- the ability and willingness to attend all callouts with the new-to-remote nurse or GP
- proven ability to work under pressure with limited resources
- supportive and kind demeanour
- become credentialed with RAHC as a registered nurse.
- postgraduate qualification in Remote Area Practice
- Remote Medication Endorsement(s)
- endorsement from Rural and Isolated Practice Registered Nurse (RIPIN)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or experience in teaching
- ability to travel at short notice.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Tony Lane on 08 8942 1650.