RPHCM update – Feedback being sought from clinicians
The Remote Primary Health Care Manuals (RPHCM) Project Update Team is currently seeking secondary reviewers to provide feedback on endorsed protocols.
The RPHCMs are currently under review, with the newest edition expected to be released in late 2022. The editorial committee utilises user feedback throughout the revision process to inform and guide the new edition update.
If you are a Health Professional working in a remote clinic, you are invited to provide feedback on whether the protocols are easy to read and understand, and apply to your daily practice.
Over the last few months, several protocols and procedures have been endorsed by the committee, including:
- dental protocols and procedures
- cervical cancer prevention and procedures
- giving fluids procedures
- infection prevention and control procedures
- medicines procedures
- remote context procedures
- checking near and distance vision
- removing a tick
- travelling in remote areas
- collecting blood samples and specimens (various pathology procedures)
- chest procedures
- reducing dislocated or pulled joints.
If you would like to learn more about these changes, become a reviewer or provide input on the update, contact the RPHCM Project Team:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 08 8951 4700